- Jane Marshall, CPDT- KA, has been a professional dog trainer in the Chapel Hill - Durham area for over 27 years, offering group and private instruction. She is the owner of Cheery Dogs LLC. Cheery Dogs is committed to science based positive training for all dogs.
- She is certified as a professional dog trainer through the Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers (CCPDT) and is a professional member of the Association of Pet Dog Trainers (APDT) She is a Canine Good Citizen and APDT CLASS evaluator.
CATCH Canine Trainers Academy requested Jane to be a mentor trainer for their dog training students.
- Jane evaluates new dogs every week for the APS of Durham. She is a long time supporter of local rescues groups, offering behavioral advice and evaluations for incoming and fostered dogs.
- Jane's family consists of a husband who is a UNC Professor of computer science and twins: Emily who is newly graduated from NC State and now working at Cisco and Willem studying biomedical engineering at Columbia University. She is the proud mum of two shelter dogs, Cherie a pit bull mix and Pipo a shepherd mix as well as Jingles the rabbit.
- Susan Spinks has been working with Jane Marshall for three years, ever since Chloe the "vibrant" dog arrived in her life. She is a member of the Pet Professional Guild and a Canine Good Citizen Evaluator and is actively working on her CPDT - KA from the Association of Pet Dog Trainers.
- She has previously had Zoe a Rhodesian Ridgeback, Isobel a boxer mix and currently has a husband named Richard. Of the three, Richard is by far the best behaved and seems to be a keeper. She and Richard have lived in Chapel Hill since 1990.
- Susan's earliest desire in life was to be a zoologist and live among the wolves. But math got in the way of that dream. Working with you and your pets is definitely the next best thing. I look forward to meeting you and helping you and your dog create a wonderful home.
FREE dog training and behavior seminars in Chapel Hill. See schedule below
Cheery Dogs offers free dog training seminars for students registered in classes and for the general public. Everyone is welcome. No registration required. These seminars review current positive dog training methods and behavior problem solving. Bring your questions but leave your dogs at home. We will have demo dogs for you.
Next presentation to be scheduled.
Are you looking for a new dog or puppy?
Check out the local shelters and rescue groups. If you need recommendations or would like help, please contact Cheery Dogs. Jane has many years of experience helping families (and singles!) choose a new pet. Please read her recommendations in "Choosing A Family Pet" in the Resources section.
You are visitor number: 54118